Our Annual Report and Accounts
Find out more about how we are funded and how we spend our money.
In 2010 -11 …..
- There were 409 admissions to our Warwick Inpatient Unit and 212 to our Coventry Inpatient unit.
- We cared for a total of 574 patients in our Inpatient departments.
- 300 people died with themselves and their families supported by Myton.
- A total of 5,392 day hospice sessions were given to patients.
- 400 post bereavement counselling sessions were delievered to families
- 3,360 complimentary therapy sessions were provided.
- Our Physiotherapy and occupational therapy teams provided 200 home and out-patient visits.
- Our income was £6.7 million and we spent £6.3 million. We had a surplus of £400,000 which will be used to meet our expansion plans for the coming years
- 69% of this is voluntary income whilst 31% is from the NHS.
- Voluntary income rose by 28% over the previous year
- Shops income rose by 15% over previous years due to opening of 4 additional outlets
- We received a grant of £200,000 from Department of Health towards improvement of patient areas at Warwick
- Operating costs rose by 15% over the previous year as they included the full year costs of the new Coventry hospice opened in December 2009
- Staff costs account for 73% of our expenditure, reflecting the high nurse to patient ratio applied throughout our patient services
- 82p of every pound spent goes towards patient services
- Moving forward, the Charity holds reserves of £3m, which has enabled us to commit to expansion of services in the next 5 years….
To view our annual accounts click the link on the right.