Support for Children, Teenagers and Parents
Find out about our specialist children and teenage bereavement coounselling service.
Find out about our specialist child and teenage bereavement counselling service…
Children are affected by the serious illness or death of a close family member. ‘Rainbow Ripples’ offers direct support for children or indirect support through parents or others within the family.
There are 3 main areas of support
- One to one work – child and counsellor
- Support/advice/counselling one to one with an adult member of the family
- Group activities with children of a similar age, including those listed below at our Warwick and Coventry sites.
- Activity Weekends held throughout the year, family picnics etc
- Adolescent Group monthly meetings
- Parent Group monthly meetings
- Monthly Saturday morning events for children, adolescents and parents
- One to one work with children consists of choosing an appropriate method of communication with the child eg. talking, play therapy, art work or a combination of several.
- Group activities with children within the same age groups, allow them to share activities with children who have had a similar experience. To know they are not alone in their experience often helps children to express their feelings more clearly.
- Often adults have a fear that telling a child the truth will hurt. It will, but not to tell the child the truth may hurt more. Sometimes parents need help and support in order to find the courage to speak openly and honestly with their children.
‘Rainbow Ripples’ counsellors are available to support the parents during this difficult time.
For further information please contact:-
Manager Counselling and Family Support Service, Warwick
01926 492518 x 255
Manager Counselling and Family Support Service, Coventry
02476 841900 x 6011
All Counsellors must be current members or student members of a recognised professional association e.g. BACP or UKCP and are expected to be familiar with and abide by the BACP Ethical Framework.
Click here for our list of events and workshops