Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
Are you an experienced leader in voluntary services? Interested in shaping the future of a large volunteering team? Keen to join a respected charity offering vital hospice services across Coventry and Warwickshire? If the answer is ‘yes’ then we would love to hear from you!
About the role
We are seeking a Head of Volunteering to expand, lead and motivate our volunteer department. With over 800 volunteers across retail, clinical, events, fundraising, hospitality and multiple other teams, this is a diverse and exciting role, and one that is critical within the leadership team of our Hospices.
As Head of Volunteering, your role will include:
- Developing a proactive volunteering strategy to underpin and help deliver Myton’s strategy
- Promoting volunteering internally and externally, providing leadership and strategic direction across all volunteering activities
- Identifying volunteering opportunities and developing volunteering initiatives across all Myton teams
- Maximising the potential of the newly implemented Volunteer Management System
- Engaging and supporting paid employees to include, motivate and maximise the benefits of working with volunteers in their areas
- Planning and implementing innovative volunteer recruitment activities to attract and retain volunteers from diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Developing and delivering volunteering guidance, procedures, policies and systems that meet legal and internal governance needs, as well as encouraging an excellent, highly rewarding volunteering experience
You can choose to be based in either Warwick or Coventry, with up to 2 days per week working from home.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Previous voluntary services leadership experience
- Experience in budget management and keeping accurate data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including persuasion and negotiation skills
Benefits of working at Myton
Myton is an amazing place to work, where the role every person plays has a positive impact for our patients, living with terminal illnesses, and their families. In recognition of this, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Increased employer pension contribution
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Additional leave purchasing
- Winter savings club
- Discount schemes including Blue Light Card
- Death in service benefit
- Dedicated staff wellbeing team & mental health first aiders
- Colleague Support Service: confidential financial, legal & mental health support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site flu jabs
- Free feminine hygiene products
- 24/7 GP access
- Free eye tests
- #DoingOurBit online fitness and wellbeing platform
- Menopause support
About The Myton Hospices
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have 3 hospices, 2 inpatient units and an ever developing range of outpatient and community based services.
We have over 300 staff and almost 1000 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of our palliative care services, fundraising, support teams and extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Myton, we encourage you to share this with us.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates who are currently under-represented in our hospices. We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. If there is anything missing, or a way we can improve, please do let us know.
How to apply
Please click ‘Apply’ below to answer a few short questions and attach your CV.
If you would prefer a paper application form, or if you have any questions, please contact Myton Recruitment on 01926 838 849, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: HR, Warwick Myton Hospice, Myton Lane, Warwick, CV34 6PX.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Liz Jackson, People Services Director, on 01926 838813.