Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a compassionate Nursing Assistant to join our Inpatient Unit team, covering nights. Our patients have specialist palliative care needs including symptom control and terminal care.
Our Nursing Assistants work in a multidisciplinary team to provide high quality, holistic, patient-centred care. This includes:
- Supporting Registered Nurses to provide care and treatment
- Assisting patients with the activities of daily living
- Communicating effectively with patients and staff
- Maintaining accurate records
- Dealing with bereavement issues in a sensitive and compassionate manner
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Motivation to provide high quality palliative care
- Excellent communication skills
- NVQ / RQF / QCF level 1 or equivalent
- Experience of hospital or hospice nursing and multidisciplinary team working
- The right to work in the UK
Other roles you might have experience of could include: Healthcare Assistant; Health Care Assistant; Care Assistant; Care Support Worker; Carer.
Benefits of working at Myton
Myton is an amazing place to work, where the role every person plays has a positive impact for our patients, living with terminal illnesses, and their families. In recognition of this, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- NHS pension
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Additional leave purchasing
- Free parking at our hospice sites
- Winter savings club
- Discount schemes including Blue Light Card
- Dedicated staff wellbeing team & mental health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme: confidential financial, legal & mental health support
- Free on-site flu jabs
- Free feminine hygiene products
- 24/7 GP access
- Free eye tests
- #DoingOurBit online fitness and wellbeing platform
- Menopause support
About The Myton Hospices
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have 3 hospices, 2 inpatient units and an ever developing range of outpatient and community based services.
We have over 300 staff and almost 1000 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of our palliative care services, fundraising, support teams and extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Myton, we encourage you to share this with us.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates who are currently under-represented in our hospices. We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. If there is anything missing, or a way we can improve, please do let us know.
How to apply
Please click ‘Apply’ below to answer a few short questions and attach your CV.
If you have any questions, please contact Myton Recruitment on 01926 838 849 or email email@example.com