Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Nurse to join our Patient & Carer Wellbeing Service (PCWBS). The PCWBS provides a blended model of virtual, telephone support, outpatient and face-to-face services.
You’ll be part of a motivated, forward-thinking, multidisciplinary team of professionals and volunteers, who are passionate about providing a very high standard of care and support to people either living with or caring for someone with a life-limiting illness.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing and triaging new referrals
- Assessing, planning, and evaluating individualised, patient-centred care
- Taking a holistic approach that is sensitive to the needs of patients, families and careers
- Facilitating and leading group sessions
- Creating and utilising opportunities to promote the service
We would love to hear from Registered Nurses with:
- A Registered Nurse degree or diploma level
- Valid NMC registration
- ENB 998 or equivalent teaching and assessing qualification
- Significant post-registration experience including needs assessment / care planning, multidisciplinary team working and caring for patients with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions
- Ability to place patients and their families at the centre of care
- Ability to work alone and as a member of a team
Other roles you might have experience of could include: Palliative Care Nurse; Staff Nurse; Senior Staff Nurse; Community Nurse; Clinical Educator; Nurse Educator.
The role involves undertaking home visits and working at our three Hospice sites (Coventry, Warwick and Rugby), so you must be able to travel within the Coventry and Warwickshire area.
Benefits of working at Myton
Myton is an amazing place to work, where the role every person plays has a positive impact for our patients, living with terminal illnesses, and their families. In recognition of this, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Option to transfer your NHS pension
- 28 days annual leave increasing with long service plus Bank Holidays, an additional leave purchase option
- Free parking at our Hospice sites
- Winter savings plan
- NHS Blue Light Card discount scheme
- Employee assistance programme and mental health first aiders
- Free eye tests
- Death in service benefit
- Free sanitary products
- Subsidised meals and complementary drinks
About The Myton Hospices
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have 3 hospices, 2 inpatient units and an ever developing range of outpatient and community based services.
We have over 300 staff and almost 1000 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of our palliative care services, fundraising, support teams and extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Myton, we encourage you to share this with us.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates who are currently under-represented in our hospices. We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. If there is anything missing, or a way we can improve, please do let us know.
How to apply
Please click ‘Apply’ below to answer a few short questions and attach your CV.
If you have any questions, please contact Myton Recruitment on 01926 838 849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org