Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly and welcoming team at Rugby Myton Support Hub.
The Hub supports patients with life limiting illnesses and their families and carers, through a programme of activities, support groups and information sharing. It’s a fun-loving environment, which also respects the need for sensitivity.
As our Support Hub Facilitator, your day to day work will include:
- Building relationships with our partner providers
- Providing information and support for visitors
- Creating a warm and welcoming environment
- Day to day running of the Hub
- Organising sessions
- Working with and supporting volunteers
This is a part time position with 30 hours per week, from Monday to Thursday.
You could be our Support Hub Facilitator if you have:
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care, or equivalent
- Experience of working in either a day centre, community care or hospice setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
You might have experience as a Day Centre Coordinator, Events Coordinator or Activities Coordinator, in a care setting.
A standard DBS check will be required for this role.
Benefits of working at Myton
Myton is an amazing place to work, where the role every person plays has a positive impact for our patients, living with terminal illnesses, and their families. In recognition of this, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Option to keep your NHS pension
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Additional leave purchasing
- Free parking at our hospice sites
- Winter savings club
- Discount schemes including Blue Light Card
- Dedicated staff wellbeing team & mental health first aiders
- Colleague Support Service: confidential financial, legal & mental health support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site flu jabs
- Free feminine hygiene products
- 24/7 GP access
- Free eye tests
- #DoingOurBit online fitness and wellbeing platform
- Menopause support
About The Myton Hospices
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have 3 hospices, 2 inpatient units and an ever developing range of outpatient and community based services.
We have over 300 staff and almost 1000 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of our palliative care services, fundraising, support teams and extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Myton, we encourage you to share this with us.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates who are currently under-represented in our hospices. We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. If there is anything missing, or a way we can improve, please do let us know.
How to apply
Please click ‘Apply’ below to answer a few short questions and attach your CV.
If you would prefer a paper application form, please contact Myton Recruitment on 01926 838 849.
If you have any questions, please contact Myton Recruitment on 01926 838 849 or email email@example.com