20th November 2018 9:00 am
Seminar Room, Warwick Myton Hospice
This half-day workshop, facilitated by Myton's Counselling Team, covers two topics: Complicated grief and Dealing with Anger.
- This half-day workshop, facilitated by Myton's Counselling Team, covers two topics: Complicated grief and Dealing with Anger.
This session is aimed at Health and Social Care Staff staff who come into contact with patients, families or people experiencing bereavement.
Firstly, you will have the opportunity to explore what is meant by complicated grief, how to predict and recognise it, and where to find help.
The second session aims to help you gain confidence in dealing with confrontational situations.
Learning outcomes for Complicated Grief:
• Explain how to recognise when there is a problem.
• Discuss why grief can become complicated, and how it impacts on the bereavement process.
• Identify types of prolonged grief.
• Discuss whether complicated grief is a disorder.
• Explore the link between grief and depression.
• Describe risk factors for complicated grief.
• Identify sources of help.
Learning outcomes for Dealing with Anger:
• Explain how to recognise triggers and hidden emotions.
• Discuss the cycle of anger.
• Explore physical symptoms and behavioural responses.
• Reflect on what anger looks like.
• Explore tools for working with anger.
Starting at 9:00am and finishing at 1:00pm.
Book online today
For more information please call us on 01926 838 802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org