4th November 2023
Fire & Ice Walk £25 each or £40 for both
Whinfield Park, Clifton Road, Rugby
Will you brave the elements for your local hospice? Take on two extremes… our coolest new challenge walking over razor sharp glass, also known as an Ice Walk. Or our red hot Fire Walk!
Online registration for this event has now closed please contact email@example.com to find out how you can take part on the night.
Fire and Ice Challenge
Will you brave the elements for your local hospice? Take on two extremes… our coolest new challenge walking over razor sharp glass, also known as ice walking. Or our red hot Fire Walk!
Following the scorching success of our previous Fire Walks, we have turned up the heat by adding a cool twist to re-ignite this ultimate challenge. Alongside the iconic Fire Walk, we are excited to announce the brand new Ice Walk.
Picture yourself walking bravely over hundreds of pieces of sterilised broken bottles, navigating razor sharp shards at every step in the guidance and safety of professionals!
Our iconic Fire Walk really turns up the heat but fear not, training talks will be provided to ensure you can conquer the walks confidently in the safe hands of professionals!
Our goal is to raise £25,000 from this event. Sign up for one of the challenges for just £25 and raise a minimum of £100. Or take on both Fire and Ice for only £40, raising a minimum of £150.
To commemorate your bravery, each participant will receive a certificate, mug and t-shirt.
And in addition entry to the famous Rugby Fireworks Display is FREE for those taking part in one of our walks.
The challenges will take place at the spectacular Rugby Fireworks event on Saturday 4th November so you can celebrate bonfire night with a bang and join us for the ultimate mind over matter crusade!
You, your family and friends can soak up the electric atmosphere and enjoy the firework displays hosted by Rugby Round Table at their 70th bonfire celebrations whilst revelling in your glory, all for a worthy cause!
We can’t wait to see you there!
Where is the event located?
- Location: Whinfield Park, Clifton Road, Butlin Road, Rugby, CV21 3SD at the Rugby Round Table
What age do you have to be to take part in the Fire and Ice Walk?
- Participants have to be over the age of 12 to take part in both the Fire Walk and Ice Walk
How much does it cost to take part in the Fire Walk?
- Registration fee for the Fire Walk is £25, with a minimum sponsorship of £100
How much does it cost to take part in the Ice walk?
- The registration fee for the Ice Walk is £25, with a minimum sponsorship of £100
Can I take part in both the Fire and Ice walk?
- Yes, you can take part in both the Fire and ice walk. Registration fee for both Fire Walk and Ice Walk is £40, with a minimum sponsorship of £150
What is included in my registration fee?
- The registration includes the cost of the challenge, free entry into the firework display, a T-shirt and a certificate and mug to congratulate you on the completion of your challenge.
Can family and friends come and watch me?
- Yes, family and friends are more than welcome to come along and show their support, the more the merrier. However please note they will need they will need to purchase tickets to gain entry to the fireworks display. Tickets can be purchased via the Rugby Round Tables website (LINK), or can be purchased on the night of the event at the gate (but please be aware tickets are more expensive on the night)
Will photos be taken on the night?
Yes, we have our own designated photopaper Andrew who will be taking photos throughout the night. All images will be available after the event via our website and sent to you via email. If you do not want your photo taken during the evening please notify one of the event staff know or Andrew the photographer.
Is there parking available at the event?
Yes, there is a Free Park and Ride, see more information below:
- Council-run town centre car parks (list below) will be available to park in free of charge after 4pm and there will be a free shuttle bus service to the event every 15 minutes.
- The shuttle bus service will run from Clifton Road Bus Stop outside Lawrence Sherriff School to pick up customers for the display and the drop off point will be on the corner of Eastlands / Clifton Road.
- Supporters returning to town after the event (from 8pm onwards) will be dropped off at the Clifton Road Bus Stop outside Lawrence Sherriff School.
What should I wear?
There is no special clothing required. Casual comfortable clothes are best. Please remember fires can be quite dirty and clothes may become ash stained. Footwear needs to be easy to remove, and will need to be replaced before going back indoors so a hand towel might be a good idea. Flip flops are a good idea, especially if the ground is cold. Nail varnish and toe rings are fine.
Will it hurt?
The sensation is described by some as walking on eggshells, and others as walking on hot sand. Each walker has his or her own experience. We have not known walkers to experience pain and when the opportunity arises many will walk across the coals more than once.
Is there disabled parking at the event?
Unfortunately, there is no disabled parking available at the event.
Can you walk to the event from Rugby town centre?
- Yes, you can, you can walk along Clifton Road to Whinfield Park which will take around 10 – 15 minutes.
Where in the town centre can I park for free?
- North Street,
- Chestnut Field,
- Evreux Way,
- Newbold Road,
- Little Church Street,
- Railway Terrace,
- Gas Street
- Old Market Square
- 4.30pm - Registration for Glass and Fire Walk
- 4.45pm - Glass Walk Briefing
- 5.00pm - Glass Walk Challenge
- 5.30pm - Fire Walk Registration
- 5.45pm - Fire Walk Briefing
- 6.15pm - Fire Walk Challenge
- 7.00pm - Fireworks