23rd January 2019 8:45 am
Coventry Myton Hospice
An introduction to palliative care and a chance to explore the key elements and skills involved. Starting at 8:45am and finishing at - 4:30pm.
- An introduction to palliative care and a chance to explore the key elements and skills involved. Suitable for all health and social care staff whose role includes caring for people with palliative care needs.
- History and key elements of Palliative Care – You will learn how the Hospice Movement started, and discuss the meaning of palliative and end of life care, and what is meant by a holistic approach.
- Looking after yourself – This session recognises the emotional impact this work can have on staff, and explores ways of preventing and dealing with stress.
- Grief and Bereavement – A discussion about what we mean by grief, loss and mourning, and an introduction to theoretical models applied to practice.
- Foundation communication skills – This session covers basic communication skills, which can be helpful in any situation.
Starting at 8:45am and finishing at - 4:30pm.
Book online today
For more information please call us on 01926 838 802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org