10th January 2019 9:15 am
Warwick Myton Hospice
Learn how to assess and manage nausea and vomiting in palliative care.
- This day runs from 09:15 - 12:30
09:15 Registration and refreshments.
09:30 - 12:30 Management of Nausea and Vomiting in Palliative Care.
Description: An interactive workshop examining nausea and vomiting from a holistic perspective.
- Define nausea & vomiting, & differentiate between other similar symptoms in the emetic process.
- Describe how nausea & vomiting might impact on QOL.
- Explain the physiology of nausea & vomiting.
- List common causes & describe signs & symptoms.
- List some useful questions to ask when assessing the patient’s symptoms.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of some drug and non-drug measures to manage nausea & vomiting.
Suitable for health and social care staff who care for people with life limiting conditions.
Book online today
For more information please call us on 01926 838 802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org