30th September 2022
30th September 2022
Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role…
In order to generate further income for Myton, a new commercial venture has been developed.
The Myton Hospices have purchased a bespoke mobile drinks van that will be offering a selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks. The vehicle will attend Myton events including the Cycle Challenge and Santa Dash along with a host of other events taking place within the local area. These will include carnivals, festivals and the van will also be available for private hire.
This van will be tailored to different audiences and events. Each event is likely to be different in the range of products being sold – one day it could be a gin bar and the next could be specilaising in hot drinks and snacks! All proceeds from this catering vehicle will go directly to the hospice.
If you are passionate about providing friendly, welcoming, excellent customer service, and enjoy the buzz of events then this is an exciting opportunity for you!
Key Duties – What your role will involve…
The role will involve serving alcohol, coffee, tea, and light snacks and refreshments.
To provide the best possible experience to all customers at all times through a range of duties including;
- Providing warm and friendly service!
- Serving hot & cold drinks
- Serving snacks e.g. cakes, biscuits, crisps, chocolate
- Use of the till to carry out financial transactions (full training will be provided)
- Cleaning down equipment, and counter area
- Liaising with the Drinks Van Supervisor to ensure the drinks van runs as smoothly as possible and has all the items required.
Skills & Qualities – Will the role suit me? Yes, if you are…
- Pleasant, approachable and helpful
- Positive with a professional attitude
- Conscientious and committed to providing a high quality service
- Willing to undertake training to learn new skills and enable you to get the most out of your volunteer role
- Respectful of others and their diversity
- Passionate about supporting and representing Myton
Benefits – What can Myton offer me as a volunteer?
- An opportunity to make a difference and support Myton
- Make new friends and be part of a new and exciting venture
- A chance to develop new skills and experiences to add to your CV
- On-the-job training relevant to your role e.g. training to use a simple coffee machine and till, food hygiene, licensing rules and regulations relating to the sale of alcohol and customer service
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses within the boundaries of Coventry & Warwickshire.