Myton Church Street, Rugby Shop
28th February 2023
28th February 2023
Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role…
In order to make the most of our donated goods, we currently sell goods through the online retailer e Bay and soon Vinted .
Our online trading allows us to reach a wider customer base and achieve the best possible price for goods, therefore helping to raise more money for Myton.
We are looking for volunteers to support the development of our e Commerce store, which is currently based in our Church Street, Rugby shop, allowing us to process higher levels of stock and increase the income generated through online sales. We are currently looking for dedicated volunteers to join the team on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
If you have experience of selling on online platforms, a good basic level of IT skills and would like to contribute to a fantastic cause, this role is for you!
The role may include the following and we are happy to be flexible, utilising your skills to enhance our team
- Listing items for sale
- Photographing items
- Identifying and researching items
- Sorting, cleaning and steaming stock ready for listing
- Packaging items sold through eBay ready to send to customers
- Keeping the stock room clean and tidy
- Ensuring health and safety of others by following procedures and identifying hazards
Skills & Qualities…
- Friendly, positive and enthusiastic
- Trustworthy and honest
- Reliable, flexible and dependable
- A good communicator who enjoys interacting with people
- A team player
- A good organiser
- Confident using the computer and the internet, in particular E-Bay, and able to use a camera and upload photos
- Respectful of others and their diversity
- Passionate about helping families in the local community
Benefits – What can Myton offer me as a volunteer?
- An opportunity to make a difference and support Myton
- Make new friends and be part of a new and exciting venture
- A chance to develop new skills and experiences to add to your CV
- On-the-job training relevant to your role
- A reference that can be used for future employment
- Reimbursement of your out of pocket expenses
- Staff & volunteers can receive a 20% discount on their purchases of donated items (T&C apply)
About The Myton Hospices…
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have three hospices, two inpatient units and an ever developing range of outpatient and community based services.
We have almost 300 staff and over 800 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of Myton working across our palliative care services, our fundraising, support teams and our extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
Myton is looking forward, post the pandemic – aiming to increase our reach and impact especially within our diverse communities, which will only be possible with an engaged and motivated workforce, equipped and ready for the challenges and changes that we all face.
Do something amazing and apply online today…