31st October 2022
31st October 2022
Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role…
To be part of a team that strives to maintain our hospice grounds to an excellent standard. Our grounds and gardens are used by our patients and their families for recreation and contemplation purposes, to help spiritual well-being, and as a place to sit and reflect whatever the season.
Key duties – What your role will involve
- Grass cutting by safe use of the petrol mower and strimmers (training provided)
- General grounds maintenance such as edging, weeding, leaf clearance and litter picking, and sweeping to ensure the grounds are kept tidy
- Support estates team and other volunteers with the upkeep of the bedding plants and shrubs etc
- Support the estates team with minor planned maintenance works as required
- Engage in conversations with patients, families or carers to encourage interest in the grounds
- Engage with visiting corporate or community gardeners and facilitate a positive working relationship
Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance with hospice wide and garden specific health and safety regulations
- Ensure the safety of all visitors to the garden e.g. be conscious of equipment position and location at all times to avoid accidents
- Report any hazards to a member of the estates team.
Skills and Qualities – Will the role suit me? Yes, if you have…
- An enjoyment, passion and enthusiasm for grounds maintenance
- Knowledge of basic ground keeping skills
- A willingness to attend training when required
- The ability to recognise limitations and work within set boundaries
- A basic understanding of confidentiality
- Respect for others and their diversity
- A passion about helping families in your local community.
Benefits – What can Myton offer me as a volunteer?
- An opportunity to develop new skills related to grounds maintenance
- A chance to support your local hospice and make a real difference to the patient and visitor experience
- A reference for future employment (if required)
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses within the boundaries of Coventry & Warwickshire.
Do something amazing and apply online today…Job Description