Coventry and Warwick
3rd February 2023
3rd February 2023
Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role…
To be part of a team that strives to maintain our hospice grounds to an excellent standard. Our grounds and gardens are used by our patients and their families for recreation and contemplation purposes, to help spiritual well-being, and as a place to sit and reflect whatever the season.
- Grass cutting by safe use of the petrol mower and strimmer’s (training provided)
- General grounds maintenance such as edging, leaf clearance and litter picking, and sweeping to ensure the grounds are kept tidy
- Engage in conversations with patients, families or carers to encourage interest in the grounds
- Engage with visiting corporate or community gardeners and facilitate a positive working relationship
Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance with hospice wide and garden specific health and safety regulations
- Ensure the safety of all visitors to the garden e.g. be conscious of equipment position and location at all times to avoid accidents
- Report any hazards to a member of the estates team
Your Skills & Qualities
- An enjoyment, passion and enthusiasm for grounds maintenance
- Knowledge of basic ground keeping skills
- A willingness to attend training when required
- The ability to recognise limitations and work within set boundaries
- A basic understanding of confidentiality
- Respect for others and their diversity
- A passion about helping families in your local community.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses within the boundaries for Coventry and Warwickshire
- Staff & Volunteers can receive a 20% discount on their purchases of donated items (T&C’s apply)
About The Myton Hospices…
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have three hospices, two inpatient units and an ever developing range of outpatient and community based services.
We have almost 300 staff and over 800 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of Myton working across our palliative care services, our fundraising, support teams and our extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
Myton is looking forward, post the pandemic – aiming to increase our reach and impact especially within our diverse communities, which will only be possible with an engaged and motivated workforce, equipped and ready for the challenges and changes that we all face.
Do something amazing and apply online today…