26th August 2022
26th August 2022
Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role…
We are looking for volunteer coverage on Saturday mornings together with Sunday morning and also afternoon at our Warwick hospice site. As a member of our reception team you will provide the best possible experience to all people at all times through a wide range of front of house duties including;
Meet & Greet
- To welcome all visitors to the Hub, putting clients, patients and families at ease
- To escort visitors to their destination as appropriate.
Deal with enquiries promptly and professionally or signpost to relevant staff and services
- To provide visitors with further information about the inpatient Hospices and its services
- Ensure reception area is clean and tidy
- Provide a safe environment and be cognisant of security
- Manage visitor access e.g. issuing of relevant identity badges
- The sale of merchandise to the general public.
This role will suit you if you are…
- Pleasant and approachable
- Positive with a professional attitude
- Conscientious and committed to providing a high quality service
- Confident dealing with enquiries both on the telephone and face to face
- Able to demonstrate patience and sensitivity when responding to different and sometimes difficult situations
- Respectful of others and their diversity
- Passionate about helping families in your local community
We can offer you as a volunteer in return…
- An opportunity to make a difference and support your local community
- A chance to develop new skills and experiences to add to your CV
- On-the-job training and support relevant to the Reception volunteer role
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses within the boundaries of Coventry & Warwickshire
About The Myton Hospices…
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have three hospices, two inpatient units and an ever developing range of outpatient and community based services.
We have almost 300 staff and over 800 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of Myton working across our palliative care services, our fundraising, support teams and our extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
Myton is looking forward, post the pandemic – aiming to increase our reach and impact especially within our diverse communities, which will only be possible with an engaged and motivated workforce, equipped and ready for the challenges and changes that we all face.
Do something amazing and apply online today…