Warwick and Coventry
1st October 2023
1st October 2023
Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role…
In-Patient Unit Hospice volunteers are at the forefront of this essential patient service. They provide vital support to the nursing staff, and facilitate a welcoming and comfortable environment; helping patients to relax, socialise and enjoy their day. We aim to have a team of two volunteers work together on each shift.
As an Inpatient Unit volunteer you will work alongside the nursing team to support them in providing a high quality patient service. You will welcome visitors to the hospice, talk with relatives and visitors, show them to patient rooms and provide drinks where required.
Key Duties – What your role will involve
Your role will provide vital support to our Inpatient Unit in Warwick, and will include a range of tasks, such as:
- Welcoming relatives and visitors to the hospice in the Reception area and reminding them to use hand gel on entering the unit
- Talking with relatives or visitors to the Inpatient Unit
- Showing visitors to the patient room
- Offering visitors and patients hot and cold drinks
- Serving dinners and suppers to patients
- Making tea for the patient tea round, ready for staff to hand out to patients
- Filling water jugs and washing up jugs, teacups etc ready for next use, using dishwasher
- Keeping patients company, talking with them, reading to them or completing activities with them, to help to reduce loneliness and boredom
An enhanced Disclosure & Barring check will be required for this volunteer role.
Skills and qualities – Will the role suit me? Yes if you are;
- Positive with a professional attitude
- Pleasant, approachable with a friendly personality
- Conscientious and committed to providing a high quality service
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Flexible, and accepting and adaptable to change
- Experienced in working in a healthcare setting (this would be advantageous)
- Compassionate and caring
- Respectful of others and their diversity
- Passionate about helping families in your local community
We will have informal interviews from the week beginning 10th of October 2024
About The Myton Hospices…
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have three hospices, two inpatient units and an ever developing range of outpatient and community based services.
We have almost 300 staff and over 800 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of Myton working across our palliative care services, our fundraising, support teams and our extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
Myton is looking forward, post the pandemic – aiming to increase our reach and impact especially within our diverse communities, which will only be possible with an engaged and motivated workforce, equipped and ready for the challenges and changes that we all face.
Do something amazing and apply online today…