Coventry and Warwick
7th December 2022
7th December 2022
Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role…
To be part of a team that strives to maintain our hospice premises to an excellent standard. It’s important that we maintain our buildings to a high standard in order to comply with care quality commission, infection control and many other standards / regulations. We are proud to provide excellent facilities for our patients and their families. A standard DBS check will be required for successful recruitment to this role.
What your role will involve
- Minor repairs to buildings, fixtures and fittings
- Repairs to garden furniture and fencing
- Assist with painting and decorating programme
- Carry out routine planned preventative maintenance tasks (e.g. tap flushing, empty recycle bins, meter readings)
- Engage in conversations with patients, families or carers to encourage interest in the property and grounds
- Engage with visiting corporate or community volunteers and facilitate a positive working relationship
Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance with hospice wide health and safety regulations and training where relevant
- Follow relevant risk assessments in place
- Ensure the safety of all visitors e.g. be conscious of equipment position and location at all times to avoid accidents
- Report any hazards to a member of the estates team.
Will the role suit me? Yes, if you have…
- An enjoyment, passion and enthusiasm for property and maintenance
- Knowledge of basic ground keeping and property maintenance with some experience of using associated tools and equipment
- A willingness to attend training when required
- The ability to recognise limitations and work within set boundaries
- A basic understanding of confidentiality
- Respect for others and their diversity
- A passion about helping families in your local community.
What can Myton offer you as a volunteer?
- An opportunity to develop new skills related to property maintenance
- A chance to support your local hospice and make a real difference to the patient and visitor experience
- A reference for future employment (if required)
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses within the boundaries of Coventry & Warwickshire
- Staff & Volunteers can receive a 20% discount on their purchases of donated items (T & C’s apply)
About The Myton Hospices…
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have three hospices, two inpatient units and an ever developing range of outpatient and community based services.
We have almost 300 staff and over 800 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of Myton working across our palliative care services, our fundraising, support teams and our extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
Myton is looking forward, post the pandemic – aiming to increase our reach and impact especially within our diverse communities, which will only be possible with an engaged and motivated workforce, equipped and ready for the challenges and changes that we all face.
Do something amazing and apply online today…