26th November 2022
26th November 2022
Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role…
For young people 14+ looking to complete their Duke of Edinburgh awards to join our retail shops. The success of any shop, is through excellent retail practices and good customer service. Our shops generate income so that we can continue to provide care, free of charge, to people in our local community; we do this through maximising sales of the goods donated to us and by promoting the activities of Myton to the public. As a Duke of Edinburgh Volunteer in our shops, you can contribute towards a great cause, at the same time as building your skills and confidence in a work environment. Our shop locations can be found HERE
Key Duties – What your role could involve…
We have a variety of different roles including; Sales Assistant Volunteers, Stock Sorting Volunteers, Key Volunteers, Visual Merchandising Volunteers, and Social Media Volunteers – we are happy to be flexible to match your skills to our team. The main tasks involved in volunteering in our shop include:
- Welcoming and assisting customers, providing service to the highest standard
- Receiving donated goods and sort, steam, price and prepare for sale
- Promoting Gift Aid, the Lottery and other Myton incentives
- Visual merchandising – ensuring the shop looks it’s best and is on-trend
- Supporting the running of our shop Instagram accounts
- Operating the till and dealing with various types of payment
- Keeping an eye on the security of the shop
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
Skills & Qualities – Will the role suit me? Yes, if you are…
- Enthusiastic and cheerful with a positive attitude
- Enjoy interacting with people
- A team player
- Reliable, flexible and dependable
- Respectful of others and their diversity
- Interested in supporting the work of The Myton Hospices
Benefits – What can Myton offer me as a volunteer?
- Completion of the Volunteering element of your Duke of Edinburgh Award
- A chance to develop new skills and experiences to add to your CV
- An opportunity to contribute to the support we offer our patients and their families
- A chance to meet new people in your local community
- Staff & volunteers can receive a 20% discount on their purchases of donated items
About The Myton Hospices…
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have three hospices, two inpatient units and an ever developing range of outpatient and community based services.
We have almost 300 staff and over 800 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of Myton working across our palliative care services, our fundraising, support teams and our extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
Myton is looking forward, post the pandemic – aiming to increase our reach and impact especially within our diverse communities, which will only be possible with an engaged and motivated workforce, equipped and ready for the challenges and changes that we all face.
Do something amazing and apply online today…