16th December 2022
16th December 2022
Become part of The Myton Team and help us to make a difference…
About the role…
Are you able to lift and move furniture to enable its display and sale to raise funds for Myton? If so then volunteering within our specialist furniture shop could be the role for you! Also as a volunteer retail assistant you will learn valuable skills such as customer service, merchandising and much more!
We have a variety of different roles including; Sales Assistant Volunteers, Stock Sorting/Building Volunteers, Key Volunteers, Visual Merchandising Volunteers – we are happy to be flexible to match your skills to our team. Although we are looking specifically for volunteers who can assist with the movement and display of pieces of furniture. The main tasks involved in volunteering in our shop include:
- Welcoming and assisting customers, providing service to the highest standard
- Receiving donated goods and sorting, building furniture, cleaning furniture
- Lifting and carrying small/large pieces of furniture following manual handling guidelines
- Keeping an eye on the security of the shop
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
This role would suit you if you are…
- Enthusiastic and cheerful with a positive attitude
- Passionate about customer service and enjoy interacting with people
- A team player
- Reliable, flexible and dependable
- Respectful of others and their diversity
- Interested in supporting the work of The Myton Hospices
In return we can offer you as a valued volunteer…
- A chance to develop new skills and experiences to add to your CV
- An opportunity to contribute to the support we offer our patients and their families
- A chance to meet new people in your local community
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses within the boundaries of Coventry & Warwickshire
- Staff & volunteers can receive a 20% discount on their purchases of donated items (T & C’s apply)
About The Myton Hospices…
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have three hospices, two inpatient units and an ever developing range of outpatient and community based services.
We have almost 300 staff and over 800 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of Myton working across our palliative care services, our fundraising, support teams and our extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
Myton is looking forward, post the pandemic – aiming to increase our reach and impact especially within our diverse communities, which will only be possible with an engaged and motivated workforce, equipped and ready for the challenges and changes that we all face.
Do something amazing and apply online today…