There are no longer restrictions on the number of people who can visit. However, to ensure we are able to manage increased numbers from an infection control perspective, only two people will be permitted to visit at any one time.
- Family and friends will need to coordinate the times at which they visit to ensure they do not overlap.
- Visiting times will be unrestricted, although visitors remaining at the Hospice overnight will be kept to an absolute minimum.
- The nominated visitors must follow strict guidance in relation to wearing PPE, handwashing and socially distancing.
- Pets with clean paws can also visit
- In addition to the above infection prevention and control measures you will be required to undertake twice weekly lateral flow testing. See below for full details.
We appreciate how distressing it can be for patients and their relatives to make decisions about who should visit as patients approach end of life.
Therefore, for those patients who are rapidly deteriorating or dying families are encouraged to discuss their particular needs with the Ward Manager; we fully understand occasions will arise where discretion will be required on an individual patient basis.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.