Did you know that 1 in 4 of our patients are cared for thanks to money donated to us in a will. You don’t have to be wealthy to make a real difference to people’s lives.
You could choose to leave a gift to Myton in your will. Please contact us if you would like to find out more or download our legacy brochure.
Many people choose to support Myton in recognition of the compassionate care they or someone they love have received or because they care about their local hospice.
However large or small your gift, rest assured it will help us to reach more patients and families who need our specialist care and support. As an independent local charity we depend on legacies to continue our work and just 1% of your estate will help us care for local people when they need us the most.
Checklist to making a will:
- Make a list of your assets. Estimate their value. You can do this yourself, or ask a solicitor to help you.
- Make a list of what you owe. Remember to include any outstanding mortgage, loans, or bills.
- Decide who you would like to benefit and how. Make a list of the people and the organisations you’d like to benefit, and by how much.
- Choose your executors and meet your solicitor. Your executors - usually family members - will have to make sure your wishes are carried out after your death.
- Create a letter of wishes. This will specify the sort of funeral you want when the time comes. You can use this to ask for donations instead of flowers.
- Keep your will safe and up to date. Most people leave a copy of their will with their solicitors, and a further copy in a safe place, ensuring the executors know where to find it. It’s a good idea to review your will every five years, or after major changes in your life such as marriage or divorce. You can alter your will easily with a ‘codicil’ or by making a new will.
How do I include Myton in my will?
We always advise you to speak to your solicitor before making a will or adding a codicil.
Why not download and use our example instruction form, which you can print out, complete and take to your solicitor. Our legacy brochure includes a useful checklist to help you prepare for your solicitors meeting.
Call us on 01926 838 824, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to talk to the team about leaving a legacy.