Did you know that 1 in 4 of our patients are cared for thanks to money donated to us in a Will.
Please contact us to find out more about leaving Myton a gift in your Will on 01926 838 809, or email email@example.com.
Many people choose to support Myton in recognition of the compassionate care they or someone they love have received or because they care about their local hospice.
However large or small your gift, rest assured it will help us to reach more patients and families who need our specialist care and support.
As an independent local charity we depend on gifts in people's Wills to continue our work and just 1% of your estate will help us care for local people when they need us the most.
How you could help...
Checklist to making a Will:
- Make a list of your assets. Estimate their value. You can do this yourself, or ask a solicitor to help you.
- Make a list of what you owe. Remember to include any outstanding mortgage, loans, or bills.
- Decide who you would like to benefit and how. Make a list of the people and the organisations you’d like to benefit, and by how much.
- Choose your executors and meet your solicitor. Your executors - usually family members - will have to make sure your wishes are carried out after your death.
- Create a letter of wishes. This will specify the sort of funeral you want when the time comes. You can use this to ask for donations instead of flowers.
- Keep your will safe and up to date. Most people leave a copy of their Will with their solicitors, and a further copy in a safe place, ensuring the executors know where to find it. It’s a good idea to review your will every five years, or after major changes in your life such as marriage or divorce. You can alter your will easily with a ‘codicil’ or by making a new will.
How do I include Myton in my Will?
We always advise you to speak to your solicitor before making a Will or codicil, but our information pack can provide you with an initial guide to help you prepare for your solicitors meeting.
You can also download and use our example instruction form which you can print out, complete, and take to your solicitor.
Call us on 01926 838 809, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to talk to the team about leaving a gift in your Will.
The Myton Hospices Make a Will Week returns!
Have you been meaning to make a Will but keep finding a reason to put it off? Then why not take advantage of our upcoming Make a Will Week taking place between 4th – 8h March?
A number of reputable local solicitors will be giving their time free of charge to write or update basic Wills for Myton supporters, in return for a donation to The Myton Hospices.
For more information about our upcoming Make A Will Week and to find contact details for our participating solicitors please click here.