Thank you to everyone who took part in this year’s Cycle Challenge and helped to raise vital funds for The Myton Hospices!
Thanks to you an amazing £35,000 has been raised so we can support more people and their families when they need us most!
Celebrating Myton’s 40th Birthday, 2022’s Cycle Challenge was blessed with the Great British sunshine to encourage the 400 supporters completing the challenge.
Cyclists battled the heat to take on 50km, 100km and 100 mile routes, all using their courage and stamina to complete the challenge for the cause!
And in exchange they were taken on a beautiful ride through the picturesque villages of Warwickshire and the Cotswolds.
A huge thank you to everyone who took part, volunteered and supported – you are all truly incredible!
And a special mention has to go to the cyclists who, despite the rising temperature, took part in the timed hill climb up Saintbury Hill – the competition was fierce!
The Myton Champion on the day was Hussain Solo – a big congratulations to you!
Clare Cropp, Fundraising Operations Manager, said:
To celebrate Myton’s 40th anniversary by raising £35,000 is fantastic! We couldn’t do this without the amazing fundraising efforts of each participant.
A special thank you has to go to the volunteers as we could never bring this event to life without them.
I would also like to thank The Box Factory who kindly sponsored the Cycle Challenge. Without your incredible support we wouldn’t be able to hold this event!
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank others who made this event possible, including:
- Our wonderful photographers, Viv Porteous, Luc Ord and Sarah from Blue Hare Photography who donated their time free of charge
- Ted and Ed who ran our post cycle BBQ once again
- Gary at Unleashed Cycles for providing technical support, repairs and assistance on the day
- Paul Wyllie and Abi Rowberry for providing the musical entertainment
- Annie’s Antics Ice Creams
- Various Supermarkets from around the area for donating food for rest stops
- Fyffes for donating bananas
- All of our rest stop facilities
And a special thanks to our amazing volunteers, suppliers and our sponsor The Box Factory, all of whom we are incredibly thankful to!
Take a look at the photos from the day and let us know if you spot yourself or a familiar face!
Thank you all again so much for making this year such a success! We can't wait to see you all for next year's ride!