Myton Exclusive September SkydiveSign up
30th September 2023
Join #TeamMyton on skydive day at Langar Airfield and experience the exhilaration of free fall from 14,000ft. Take advantage of our exclusive offer and grab a free place when you sign up today.
Sign up FREE today!
Join #TeamMyton on skydive day at Langar Airfield and experience the exhilaration of free fall from 14,000ft. Take advantage of our exclusive offer and grab a free place when you sign up now.
Once you have signed up, you will be required to raise a minimum of £450 for The Myton Hospices for your free place.
FREE REGISTRATION FEE OFFER UNTIL 23rd JUNE
In order to benefit from the free registration fee (normally £70) we ask that you fundraise a minimum of £100 on your JustGiving page by 23rd June.
If you haven’t done so by then you will have the option to pay the registration fee (£70) or alternatively postpone your place to the next event. We are here to help you every step of the way with fundraising tips and support.
By signing up to this event, your bravery will help support the thousands of people we help each year living with terminal illnesses in our three hospices, via our patient & family support services, and in the community through Myton at Home.
Each year we need to raise £9.1 million to provide our services free of charge and we really couldn’t do it without amazing people just like you!
If you have any questions or would like to enquire about our upcoming skydive dates please get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 01926 838825.
So you already have a Skydive booked?
This is fantastic! You can help support The Myton Hospices by joining #TeamMyton today and raising sponsorship!
Fill out our short contact form letting us know about your Skydive and our Challenge and Events Coordinator will be in touch.
I have a place
If you have any question please get in touch by sending an email to ChallengeEvents@mytonhospice.org or calling 01926 838825.
How is the £450 broken down?
The Skydive costs £230 for us to book for you. Should you wish to self-fund, and have a lower fundraising commitment, you can pay your registration fee of £70 to us before 23rd June and then the balance of £160 no later than 23rd September. Your minimum sponsorship will then drop to £220.
What are the key dates for sponsorship to be in by?
- You must have either £100 in your JustGiving page or have paid your £70 deposit by 23rd June
- You must have reached your total minimum sponsorship amount of £450 by 23rd September
Where will the Skydive take place?
The airfield is located in Nottingham it’s about an hour’s drive from Warwick, Coventry and Rugby.
What happens if I don’t reach my minimum sponsorship target?
We would postpone your place to the next event to give you more time to fundraise. We run 2 skydive days per year.
I’m not available on this date but I’d still like to take part.
Contact one of the challenge events team on 01926 838825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any restrictions?
- For a tandem skydive you must be at least 18 years old and be under 15 stone in weight. Your height and weight must also be in proportion (a BMI of 35 or more is considered unsuitable for skydiving)
- The principal medical restrictions are diabetes, epilepsy, fits, recurrent blackouts, heart or lung disease, mental illness and some cases of asthma.
- You will be required to sign a medical form before your jump declaring your fitness to take part - this will be sent to you upon receipt of your reservation form but is also available on request.
- Those aged 40 and over, or those with a medical condition, may need it signed by their doctor.
- Pre-existing physical conditions will not necessarily prevent you from taking part but please inform us of any physical condition as this may affect your jump. If you are in any doubt then please contact us for further information.
What about insurance?
You will automatically be covered for up to £2,000,000 third party insurance but this will not cover you for personal injury. You can arrange your own insurance for personal injury and income protection should you not be able to work as a result of an injury.
Jane Shakespeare took on the September Skydive in aid of Myton and shares her experience below:
"It was the most glorious day on Wednesday 2nd October and I was very excited if a little apprehensive of what was to come. I was paired with Geoff and instantly felt in safe hands, although, I think I'd have felt in safe hands with any of the instructors, all the staff were extremely professional and friendly. I liked that Geoff had been Skydiving for 35 years! He’d jumped out of a plane thousands of times so I knew he knew what he was doing." "On the day, I just went with the flow and enjoyed the moment. I actually don’t think realisation of what I was doing hit me until I was falling through the clouds at 140 mph. It was really amazing! For anyone who is considering doing a Skydive, I thoroughly recommend it, we only live once, and I wouldn’t want to have got to the end of my life thinking I wish I’d done that! It’s truly an amazing and exhilarating experience! You’ll love it! and raise money for a worthwhile cause at the same time."