Many people want to have choice over where they are cared for in the last weeks and days of life. Often people wish to stay in familiar surroundings and we have a team of experienced nurses and care staff providing care for people in their own homes. This service is available in Leamington, Rugby and Warwick.
We work at the request of your District Nurse to offer high quality care and support for patients and their loved ones.
What our Myton at Home service offers
- Myton at home service provides care & support during the day and night 7 days a week.
- Following an assessment of individual needs a plan of care will be discussed and agreed with the patient and whoever they wish to be included.
- During the day experienced staff will visit and provide personal care and emotional support.
- When night care is provided an experienced carer will be in the home from 10pm – 7am to provide care throughout the night. Having an experienced carer in attendance can enable family and friends to sleep knowing that care is being provided.
- Care staff will support with personal care and comfort needs.
- The Myton at Home team recognise that this can be a very difficult time for patients and families and they are there to listen and support, providing information, advice and reassurance.
Carers wishing to provide care themselves, such as feeding or washing, can also seek advice or training from the Myton at Home team.
To find out more about Myton at Home please call the team on 01788 551 516 .